We are a highly connected specialist team of consultants with proven track records who work alongside your team formulating and delivering desired outcomes. With a wealth of broad international commercial experience gained whilst working in senior roles in large corporate companies and the time spent developing SME businesses, we understand the challenges in growing and developing a business.
How we make a difference
WHAT WE DO
We love to help businesses GROW:
- Develop growth strategies and plans
- Define exit strategies and plans to get there
- Create sustainable competitive advantages and powerful value propositions
- Address under performance and get back on top
- Develop effective marketing sales, finance and operation strategies and plans We help businesses HIRE the best talent.
We help inspire TRAIN and upskill your people
WHO WE WORK WITH
We engage with ambitious B2B and B2C companies at any stage of their journey, whether it is growth, exit, restructure or transformation.
We have experience in a broad number of industry sectors including:
- Technology and IT
- Professional services
HOW WE DELIVER
We offer a flexible, bespoke approach based on identified needs that’s right for your business.
- SMART coaching sessions offering expert business advice
- Specialist and functional performance coaches
- Provision of specialists for short or long-term projects.
- ‘Virtual’ Directors (Sales / Marketing / Finance / Operations) to work alongside your senior management teams
- Access to digital dashboards and other diagnostic tools
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
- The work that Nigel did with us, really helped the sales team clarify the sales process, set clear expectations, and become more accountable to each other. The result of these three things was that we massively increased our sales activity!
Murray Barnes - General Manager
- Tim is a hands-on business coach who actively engages with the people and the products he is working with. He has a wide variety of interests and is a lateral thinker with a broad-minded approach to business solutions. Whilst maintaining the professional stance, Tim is very much a people-person, showing a personal interest in business opportunities and quickly engenders confidence. Never afraid to raise a challenge, he is able to quickly root out snags and hurdles and from his own industry knowledge brings valuable experience to the table. Over 6 months, he has helped us to steer a more structured approach to business management and established greater accountability within the organisation.
Stephen Smith - Managing Director
We engaged Harpers to help us in our management of the team. Rupert Baddeley our consultant engaged extremely well with all the staff. What we have been presented with as a result of the consultation is a comprehensive insight into what the staff like and dislike about our management style.
This is absolutely invaluable to us in moving our business forward. One thing that has particularly impressed me is that it wasn’t a case of “here’s your report and that’s it” there has been excellent follow from both Rupert and Nigel Harper.
I would recommend them to any business.
- I thoroughly enjoyed the SMART review. It has given us a very structured and detailed approach to make significant improvements to our Business in what are challenging times. It has allowed us to step back and pinpoint these areas and has at the same time motivated staff internally to deliver the plan. I would highly recommend this review to any business, giving an ‘unblinkered’ view of best practices to enhance your Company.
Andrew Piper - Managing Director
- We’ve worked with Harpers/Smart Coaching several times over past 5 years in various ways – ranging from one-off facilitation of a brainstorming session, through to full 12-36 month strategy planning. The ability to draw on a wide range of expertise from within their team can be very helpful for specific parts of any strategy project, and they’ve always proved to be valuable support, challenging our thinking and supporting in building strategy. I’d certainly recommend their services to any company who wants to add a layer of real clarity to their strategic planning process.
Chester White - Managing Director
- I just wanted to drop you a quick email as we have had our draft accounts back in which shows that we actually grew by 28% last year, this is an excellent growth and exceeds our expectations. I would like to thank both yourself and Tim and everyone at Harpers for all the great support that you have given us as this would never have been achieved without your dedication.
Shane Owen - Managing Director
The audit was robust and highly insightful. It reconfirmed where we need to focus our attention in the next 24 months and Harpers are well placed to support us shape our strategic agenda.
Andrew Ward - Sales and Marketing Director
The SMART Review is an excellent tool to get a top down view of your business and to highlight the next critical steps for the company. I would highly recommend this to other business owners.
Stephen Marsh - Managing Director
We have been successfully working with Nigel Harper and his team for a number of years. They have helped to bring structure and accountability into our sales and marketing operation as well as assisting with improving our production efficiency. They have done a great job for us.
Charles Browning - Managing Director
The SMART Review session with Darren and Nigel was extremely insightful and has helped us to map a clear and realistic growth plan. I would strongly recommend the SMART Review to anyone who wants more clarity and confidence in the future of their business.
Nick Grinnell - General Manager
An inspirational growth strategy session with the Harpers team has opened our eyes to great opportunities for business growth, we are now looking forward to working with Nigel’s team along the exciting journey of rigorous implementation.
Daniel Wells - Director
- The review session today was very enlightening, and a clear demonstration of how much has been achieved with ‘Harpers’ in the past 12 months. The team has been excellent in stubbornly holding us accountable to complete tasks and implement new practise / processes needed to ensure the necessary progress was made.
Ed Layton - Client Partner
- Working with Harpers has been truly game changing for our business in implementation of structure and driving a more corporate and ‘execution-orientated’ (accountable) culture. They are not the type of consultants who ‘swoop in, deliver their message and leave you to work it out’, they’re right there, contactable at any moment to coach and guide along the way…
Nathan White - Director
- We have been very impressed with the Harpers team. Their bespoke approach ensures each area of business is thoroughly covered whilst being perfectly coordinated, giving us the benefit of a single point of contact for an aligned team of experts. The specialists we’ve engaged with have been remarkable in their experience and capacity to understand the dynamics of people and processes in a business, from an overall holistic view to the detail of incremental improvements, and the focus on execution not just strategy is refreshing.
Reuben Prisgrove - Senior Director
- The strategic review and diagnostic session has given us clarity and focus for 2019. The process that Nigel and his team take you through, uncovers potential areas for growth which have been hidden away, crowded out by the whirlwind of day to day business. We are heading in to 2019 with confidence, looking forward to working with Harpers to help us now execute the plan through a regular and systematic process of execution.
Nathan Thompson - Director
- Harpers provide access to areas and levels of expertise that cannot be found in other consultancy practises. Having access to such high-level expertise has helped us to think bigger and professionalise the way we work, helping to create a platform for sustainable growth. Harpers work with a very hands-on approach, they work within your business to see results through and they show strong personal desire to help your business win. If you are in the market for a team of talent, to help you win and provide advice from top level expertise, then I highly recommend contacting Harpers.
Charles Aris - CEO
- For any Director/Business Owner wanting to take their business to the next level, a qualified, trusted business advisor is critical. The advice and support we have received from Harpers has been immensely valuable and will no doubt enable us to move forwards with confidence to “the next level”.
Richard Bowen - Managing Director
- Harpers’ friendly and professional approach helps us to take a step back and think objectively about our plans for the future. I cannot recommend them highly enough if you are looking to progress your business.
James Dashwood – Managing Director
- Nigel’s experience and enthusiasm really gave us extra impetus. His experience in developing strategy, especially within sales and marketing,was invaluable. Nigel worked closely alongside the team to ensure we continued to enjoy profitable growth. We look forward to his further input.
Adrian Diffey – Managing Director
- Ever since our interaction with Harpers, we have experienced growth at twice our normal rate. They have a refreshing, intelligent and dynamic approach and are a pleasure to work with.
Graham Cowley – General Manager
- A close working relationship with Harpers has brought a new dimension. Management have worked closely with them to increase staff productivity and sales revenue. Although engaged to coach, Harpers are prepared to be hands on and apply their wealth of experience and skill to get into the detail.
Jeremy Burgess – Managing Director
- Harpers helped us to further focus our business growth strategy developing accountability and key measures/controls within the business. Their focus is geared towards execution and driving performance.
Bert Spencer – General Manager
Looking to join the team?
We are a highly connected specialist team of consultants with proven track records, who work alongside businesses to formulate and deliver desired outcomes. With a wealth of broad international commercial experience gained whilst working in senior roles in large corporate companies and the time spent developing SME businesses, we understand the challenges in growing and developing a business. Click below to find out more: