With a Masters Degree in Marketing Management and over 30 years-experience, Glenn has extensive consulting and operational expertise across B2B, B2C and B2B2C strategic marketing, helping organisations and brands to grow. As a qualified coach and facilitator, Glenn has a track record in energising brand marketing communications projects and campaigns with some of the UK’s foremost organisations.
As a leader and Director, Glenn has demonstrable experience in achieving results across strategic marketing commissions, where alignment with business strategy, product and service growth ambitions is required. He is experienced in shaping marketing-led propositions to achieve high impact results, demonstrated by directing and managing teams across Defence, Education services, Financial Services, Infrastructure, Construction, PLC and LA commissions, with clients including Aecom, AmeyMouchel, Arriva, Balfour Beatty, Capita, CIS, Cooperative Bank, Costain, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Entrust, Galliford Try, Highways England, Ikea, Keepmoat, Ministry of Defence, npower, Swinton Insurance and Tarmac.
Glenn also retains additional roles that include Chair of Trustees (YMCA North Staffordshire); Director (Stoke Creates); Member / Trustee (Uttoxeter Learning Trust).
Glenn is adept at facilitating leaders and their teams, by enabling them to articulate and shape their marketing aspirations and drive them into action. He brings clarity of thought and insight, so that leaders can pinpoint opportunities and helps them develop them into strategic and tactical plans. Having worked with organisations that span entrepreneurial start-ups, through to international ‘super brands’, Glenn is client outcome focused and flexes his approach from strategy to delivery / implementation as required.
A few of Glenn’s projects
Entrust Strategy Director
Member of Executive Management Team, in a Capita business with turnover circa £80m:
- Directed strategy and orchestrated new client-centric propositions to address strategic market sector growth aspirations to 2023
- Executed strategy implementation across multiple business streams to achieve growth targets
- Coached senior leaders to develop new market-led propositions applied to digital platforms and implemented step-change to deliver Capita’s Education sector growth ambitions
- Identified step-change initiatives including leading digitally led brand value solutions to existing and new education markets to deliver sector growth strategy
Key Achievements: In year; charted expansion into 4 new geographical markets with development of 4 new digital products. Turnover contribution to delivery of annual growth target.
IKEA of Sweden: B2B Brand marketing strategist
- B2B sector expert within international Service Design team, exploring new market / B2B service development scenarios across global markets, to address business strategy to 2025
Key Achievements: Non-Disclosure Agreement in place.
Defence Infrastructure Organisation (MOD): People Team Senior Lead: Employee Communications and Engagement
Member of Wider Leadership Team to plan, implement and deliver Transformation and Change route map:
- Directed a six-strong team to develop and implement a marketing-led approach to internal communication delivery in line with government mandate
- Owned and achieved the Engagement Strategy against Strategic Business Plan objectives across 4,600 strong international work force, including culture change; employee engagement and identity development (EVP) work streams
- Delivering communications and engagement initiatives to achieve culture change programme objectives against the government contract KPIs
Key Achievements: Achieved Business Plan objectives and Engagement Index target – annual 1% increase in MOD Engagement Index score.
npower: Strategic Marketing Consultant
- Designed and directed strategic marketing proposition to enter B2B Social Housing sector, with a clearly segmented approach to formulate sector and account strategies and implemented through business development and work winning plans and live bids
Key Achievements: Part of Energy Services team successfully winning contracts to the value of £7m.
Keepmoat: Strategic Brand Marketing Consultant
- Over a 10-year period, created brand vision for 4 business brands, strategy and proposition: repositioned Keepmoat as ‘Leaders in Community Regeneration’ through marketing strategy, corporate identity design and orchestration; market positioning and campaigns for Regeneration and New Build Housing streams across multiple online and offline channels, internal and external events, exhibitions and stakeholder engagements
Key Achievements: Contributed brand growth from £250k turnover to £1bn over 10-year period.